CPCS | Advisors to infrastructure leaders
50 years of global infrastructure leadership
Title: Consultant/Senior Consultant – Canada Division
Status: Full time, permanent
Level: Consultant/Senior Consultant
Location: CPCS Office – Calgary (pending tentative planned re-opening in Spring 2021)
Travel: Travel required within Canada. Ability to travel to the US and internationally an asset.
Reports to: Vice President – Canada
Group: Canadian Division
We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
We design and implement practical solutions to pressing infrastructure challenges that are specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships, anchored on deep analytics. In Canada, CPCS focuses on providing planning, economics, policy and strategy consulting services to public- and private-sector clients in the transportation sector.
With over 1,400 projects in 130 countries under our belt, the work we do has real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any given day, we can be called on to develop strategies to reduce road congestion, assess transportation options to improve access to national parks or advise a government looking to modernize its ports sector.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 120 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read about our employee-owned organization, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employee have to say.
You can also see what we're all about in reflecting on whether CPCS is the right fit for you.
Are you the Senior Consultant that wants to help us tackle some of the most interesting and complex policy and business problems in the Canadian transportation sector?
You'll help the Canadian Division expand our transportation advisory practice in Western Canada by contributing insightful research, concise written and verbal advice, cutting-edge analytics, and project management capabilities to decision-relevant projects.
This role is for candidates looking to take the next step in their career from analyst/researcher to client-facing project manager. You will be provided with exposure to a wide range of transportation assignments and the opportunity to work directly with emerging leaders and established national experts. As you contribute and demonstrate your abilities, you will quickly gain additional responsibility and influence major transportation policy, investment, and operations decisions that impact the lives and livelihoods across Canada.
In this role, your superior analytical, communication and organizational skills will be effectively applied to delivering evidence-based, compelling and timely advice to our clients
You'll thrive in this position if you are passionate about problem solving, continually learning about complex transport policy issues and take ownership for producing high-quality deliverables.
You'll contribute to different stages of our project lifecycle under the guidance of the Vice President, Canada:
- Manage small- and medium-sized assignments and coordinate activities on larger projects.
- Support consulting projects based on specific expertise, including qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
- Write project reports and prepare other deliverables (e.g., presentations, dashboards, etc.).
- Support business development activities, including preparing proposals and expressions of interest.
- Identify and add knowledge to our database for business development activities.
- Champion the use of CPCS knowledge assets in our business material.
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented environment.
- Identify opportunities for improvement such as CPCS policies, processes and templates.
- Liaise with project teams, partner firms and clients.
We're looking for someone who
- Values diversity, innovation, teamwork and personal accountability.
- Has knowledge of the Canadian transportation sector, in particular in Western Canada.
- Has superior oral and written communication skills.
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Is comfortable interacting with clients.
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines.
- Can work independently and within teams.
- Is an active listener and can diffuse difficult situations.
- Welcomes coaching and feedback.
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp.
What you bring to the team
- Master's degree in engineering, business, economics, planning, policy or relevant combination.
- A record of exceptional academic achievement
- Minimum 3 years of full-time experience consulting or contract research experience specific to economic analysis, transportation-sector strategy, and/or policy in North America. Candidates with a minimum of one year of highly relevant experience will be considered at the Consultant level.
- Experience and training in economics and/or finance. Knowledge of environmental and other social impact assessments tools (e.g. GBA+) an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management experience, preferably in a consulting or contract research setting.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including in terms of making presentations to clients and communicating with stakeholders.
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Proficiency in a GIS-platform, econometrics packages such as R or other databases would be considered an asset.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English. Ability to speak and write French would be an asset.
- Ability / willingness to travel within Canada as required – conditions permitting. Ability to travel to the US and internationally an asset – conditions permitting.
- The legal right to work in Canada and the ability to obtain Government of Canada Security Clearance (Reliability) in a reasonable timeframe.
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until February 1st, 2021
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
- A writing sample and participating in a case-study/written exercise will be required for shortlisted candidates
Submit a cover letter, resume and university transcripts identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CANADA: CPCS is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation are applied in a timely fashion. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by law. If this is your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.
UNITED STATES: CPCS Transcom Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment and comply with the American with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by the law. If this is your case, please contact email@example.com or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.