CPCS | Advisors to infrastructure leaders
50 years of global infrastructure leadership
Title: Contracts Manager – US Division
Status: Full time, permanent
Location: Washington, DC USA or within the DC region (remote)
Travel: Travel may be required
Reports to: Vice President of USA Division
We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
In the United States, CPCS is focused on transportation sector strategy, policy, and planning for government agencies and corporate clients, including freight and logistics, business planning, research strategy, market research, data analytics, visualization, and clear communications.
With over 1,400 projects in 130 countries under our belt, the work we do has real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any giving day, we can be called on to determine how can Ohio better leverage its maritime transport assets along Lake Erie and the Ohio River or advise a state legislature looking to reduce the high rates of passenger rail safety incidents.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 100 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employee have to say.
Are you the innovative Contracts Manager that wants to play a vital role in supporting and growing our US operations by increasing functionality and ensuring compliance?
The Contracts Manager-USA administers government and corporate contracts and subcontracts, ensuring compliance and favorable terms; reviews RFP and pre-award terms and teaming agreements; executes required bidding forms; coordinates with finance and counsel on contractual matters and questions; and maintains core business operations documents and systems. This is a full-time permanent position, reporting to the USA Division Vice President. The position will ideally be based in our Georgetown, Washington, DC office but could be remotely based, ideally in the Washington, DC region. The position may be up to 100% remote during COVID-19 but would likely evolve into a hybrid remote/office position in the future.
You'll contribute under the guidance of the Vice President of the USA Division. Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead contract administration at all phases of acquisition, including RFP analysis, pricing, risk analysis, and ensuring compliance at proposal, negotiation, and project initiation
- Develop and clearly articulate advice on contract terms, legal, and regulatory issues
- Support negotiations, teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and interaction with government and corporate clients on all types of contracts
- Develop contracts, subcontracts, teaming agreements, and required bidding, prequalification, and regulatory compliance, including certifications and regulations
- Monitor contract performance, compliance, and risks as they emerge, and collaboratively develop risk mitigation solutions and improvements
- Organize and maintain CPCS' US business contracts, subcontracts, compliance, operational documents and systems
- Assist with workflow organization, project deadline tracking, staff assignment forecasting, and other business operations needs as needed, including invoicing
- Liaise with corporate finance, human resources, operations, and legal on contractual matters
- Work with leadership to set strategic course for continuous improvement
We're looking for someone who
- Values diversity, innovation, teamwork and accountability
- Has a desire to further develop business skills and experience within the transportation industry
- Is a strong, clear, and proactive communicator
- Is highly organized, punctual and adept at anticipating business operations needs
- Is a strategic and critical thinker
- Is not afraid to step up to challenges and speak up to improve outcomes
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Is resourceful; a creative problem solver with excellent synthesis and analytical capabilities
- Can work independently and within teams
- Welcomes coaching and feedback
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp
What you bring to the team
- 2+ years of contracts administration and procurement experience with multiple contract types, including CPFF, T&M, FFP
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business management, or similar
- Experience with federal, state, local government contracts, subcontracts, compliance
- Experience with federal contracting, IDIQs, GSA schedules, is very desirable
- Track record of achievement and distinction
- A track record for creative problem solving
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Adobe, and other systems. Experience with Deltek is desirable.
- The legal right to work in the United States
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until March 5th 2021
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
Submit a detailed resume identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UNITED STATES: CPCS Transcom Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment and comply with the American with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by the law. If this is your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.