We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
We design and implement practical solutions to pressing infrastructure challenges that are specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships, anchored on deep analytics.
With over 1,400 projects in 130 countries under our belt, the work we do has a real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any given day, we can be called on to improve a city's public transit system or advise a government looking to modernize its power sector.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 100 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employees have to say and discover our Core Beliefs.
We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant to support our advisory team covering key infrastructure sectors in Sub-Saharan Africa, particularly in East and Southern Africa or West Africa.
You'll actively support in growing our business and in implementing ongoing mandates in the transport and power sectors.
In this role, your analytical and creative problem-solving skills will be effectively applied to provide our clients in the transport and power sectors with high value added, practical advice that is tailored for their needs based on the reality/context on the ground.
You'll thrive in this position if you enjoy:
- Exploring challenging topics in new subjects and/or amid a great deal of uncertainty
- Analyzing data and information to ultimately arrive at meaningful recommendations
- Clearly and cogently writing about or presenting findings and recommendations on different topics
- Working alongside people with diverse cultural and technical backgrounds
Your core responsibilities
You'll contribute to different stages of our project lifecycle under the guidance of VP East and Southern Africa or VP West Africa:
- Support, and eventually lead, a variety of business development initiatives, including development of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) and proposals
- Support, and eventually lead and manage, consulting projects, building and supporting project teams, undertaking consultations and analytical work, writing project reports, making presentations, etc. to successful conclusion of the projects
We're looking for someone who
- Has a desire to advance their career in the infrastructure advisory space
- Possesses analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a challenging environment and is able routinely find creative solutions
- Has superior oral and written communication skills
- Has strong organizational skills
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Can work independently and within teams
- Welcomes coaching and feedback
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp
- Wants to be part of an innovative and team-oriented environment
What you bring to the team
- Master's degree in Economics, Finance, or other related field, or an MBA. Additional professional certification such as CFA is a plus.
- At least 3 years of full-time experience in management consulting in emerging economies, including experience with proposal development and project execution
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint, and other commonly used Microsoft programs
- Speak and write fluently in English. French is considered a strong asset
- Ability / willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required – conditions permitting
- The legal right to work in Canada
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS by providing professional development training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until April 20, 2021
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
- A portfolio of relevant projects, participating in a case-study or written exercise will be required for shortlisted candidates
Submit a cover letter and detailed resume identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CPCS is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation are applied in a timely fashion. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by law. If this is your case, please contact email@example.com or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.