We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
We design and implement practical solutions to pressing infrastructure challenges that are specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships, anchored on deep analytics.
With over 1,500 projects in 140 countries under our belt, the work we do has real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any given day, we can be called on to improve a city's public transit system or advise a government looking to modernize its power sector.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 130 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employee have to say discover our Core Beliefs.
Are you the Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partner that wants to help us develop and grow our global team?
You will be responsible for a range of duties enabling the Talent Management team to deliver best practices and focused HR solutions that support the business in conjunction with specialist HR functions.
You will manage all facets of talent acquisition efforts and related processes across the organization, employee onboarding, and supporting employee development and training, policies development, employee relations, and other HR programs as part of the Inclusive Talent Management Strategy.
You will have an opportunity to act as a brand ambassador and support overall implementation of the Inclusive Talent Management strategy.
The duties of this position, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Internal single point of contact on talent acquisition activities across the organization
- Manage talent acquisition across the organization, working closely with hiring managers and the Human Resources Manager, as needed. Includes but not limited to recruiting/business needs identification, job posting development, candidate screening, reference checks, offer negotiation.
- Develop and maintain robust recruiting tools and processes including supporting documentation.
- Manage recruiting portals (Lanteria, LinkedIn, Handshake, etc.) and associated email accounts.
- Lead the University Recruitment Initiative in coordination with the Young Professionals Program, including recruitment fairs, and building and sustaining beneficial relationships with educational institutions.
- Formalize and monitor an external candidate pipeline development plan.
- Track diversity metrics in talent acquisition.
- Deliver and manage new employee orientation, training, Buddy Program and new hire test.
- Lead or support internal training initiatives.
- Support job description development/approval.
- Support the development and implementation of HR Policies, procedures and templates to ensure compliance and alignment with the ITM Strategy.
- Provide research as requested.
- Provide advice and support as needed, to managers on employee relation issues (e.g. employee complaints and harassment allegations).
- Educate both current and prospective employees on company policies regarding job duties, working conditions, safety, wages, career advancement opportunities, employee benefits and recreation programs.
- Provide ongoing training support to employees as needed.
We're looking for someone who
- Has demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively with different managers, candidate personalities, etc.
- Is familiar with inclusive recruiting practices and tools.
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines.
- Can work independently and within teams.
- Welcomes coaching and feedback.
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp.
What you bring to the team
- 5-7 years of full-time experience in HR, including experience in talent acquisition, employee development, training and general HR management.
- Experience in supporting the full employee life cycle.
- Has a high level of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PPT).
- Speak and write fluently in English, French would be considered an asset.
- CHRP designation considered an asset
- The legal right to work in Canada.
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Submit a cover letter and detailed resume identifying your qualifications.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CANADA: CPCS is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation are applied in a timely fashion. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by law. If this is your case, please contact email@example.com or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.