We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
We design and implement practical solutions to pressing infrastructure challenges that are specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships, anchored on deep analytics.
With over 1,500 projects in 140 countries under our belt, the work we do has a real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any given day, we can be called on to improve a city's public transit system or advise a government looking to modernize its power sector.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 130 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employees have to say discover our Core Beliefs.To sustain our growth in the US infrastructure market, we are expanding our operations and looking for a Senior Consultant to join our diverse and talented team.
Are you the Senior Consultant who is passionate about public policy and economic development, who is an innovator and wants to catalyze meaningful change for government and corporate clients, and you have a strong interest in transportation?
In this role, your research, writing, and communications skills will be effectively applied to analyze the most pressing public policy and commercial challenges facing the transportation industry, including social, technological, economic, environmental, and political dimensions.
You'll thrive in this position if you excel at problem-solving, research, and writing in a fast-paced environment in collaboration with team members, project managers, clients and stakeholders.
You'll contribute to different stages of our project lifecycle under the guidance of the VP of the US Division:
- Build and manage project teams, including partner firms and consultants
- Manage projects on time and profitably with thoughtful management of internal and external resources
- Inspire and deliver excellence and innovation to clients
- Lead winning business development efforts, including strategic initiatives and proposals, including client outreach and lead tracking
- Foster productive and long-term relationships with clients and partners
- Research, synthesize and clearly communicate findings
- Write, edit, and deliver compelling and well-organized reports
- Guide data analysts to crunch and distill meaning from numbers
- Collaborate with cartographers and graphic artists in visualizing results
- Other activities, as may be required aimed at growing CPCS's business in the U.S. market, including but not limited to attending/speaking at conferences, helping identify potential future candidates, supporting administrative requirements, etc.
We're looking for someone who
- Relishes a challenge
- Has a desire to evolve in the infrastructure sector
- Marshalls resources and leads teams to deliver excellence to clients
- Has strong organizational skills and prioritizes multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Stands out for their writing and communication abilities
- Welcomes coaching and feedback
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp
What you bring to the team
- Master's degree in public policy, economics, business or similar discipline with academic distinction
- 4-8 years of professional experience (this is an early-career position in management consulting)
- Demonstrated leadership in project management in consulting or research setting with a proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to prepare deliverables under tight deadlines
- A winning record of business development and proposal writing
- Very strong English writing and speaking skills—the ability to distill meaning and communicate findings lucidly on paper or in person
- Familiarity with the U.S. transportation sector, institutions, trends, and data
- Experience and training in applied economics or economic modeling is desirable
- Interest in P3s and project funding and financing is also desirable
- Bilingual English/Spanish is desirable
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and other software
- Ability/willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required – conditions permitting
- The legal right to work in the United States
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit-sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until May 5, 2021
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
- A portfolio of relevant projects, participating in a case study or written exercise will be required for shortlisted candidates
Submit a cover letter and detailed resume identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CANADA: CPCS is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation are applied in a timely fashion. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by law. If this is your case, please contact email@example.com or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.
UNITED STATES: CPCS Transcom Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment and comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by the law. If this is your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.