We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
We design and implement practical solutions to pressing infrastructure challenges that are specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships, anchored on deep analytics.
With over 1,500 projects in 140 countries under our belt, the work we do has a real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any given day, we can be called on to improve a city's public transit system or advise a government looking to modernize its power sector.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 130 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employee have to say discover our Core Beliefs.
To sustain our growth in the US infrastructure market, we are expanding our operations and looking for a Junior Consultant to join our diverse and talented team.
Are you the Junior Consultant who is passionate about public policy and economic development, who is an innovator and wants to catalyze meaningful change for government and corporate clients, and you have a strong interest in transportation?
In this role, your research, writing, and communications skills will be effectively applied to analyze the most pressing public policy and commercial challenges facing the transportation industry, including social, technological, economic, environmental, and political dimensions.
You'll thrive in this position if you excel at problem-solving, research, and writing in a fast-paced environment in collaboration with team members, project managers, clients and stakeholders.
You'll contribute to different stages of our project lifecycle under the guidance of the VP of the US Division:
- Research, synthesize and clearly communicate findings
- Conduct consultations
- Write compelling and well-organized reports
- Work with data analysts to crunch and distill meaning from numbers
- Collaborate with cartographers and graphic artists in visualizing results
- Assist with managing schedules and budgets
- Assist with marketing and business development, including client outreach and lead tracking
- Assist with the development of winning proposals
- Foster productive and long-term relationships with clients and partners
- Other activities, as may be required aimed at growing CPCS's business in the U.S. market, including but not limited to attending/speaking at conferences, helping identify potential future candidates, supporting administrative requirements, etc.
We're looking for someone who
- Relishes a challenge
- Has a desire to evolve in the infrastructure sector
- Has superior oral and written communication skills
- Has strong organizational skills
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Can work independently and within teams
- Welcomes coaching and feedback
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, economics, business or similar discipline (Master's degree is desirable) with academic distinction
- 0-3 years of professional experience (this is a junior entry-level position in management consulting)
- Very strong English writing and speaking skills—the ability to distill meaning and communicate findings lucidly on paper or in person.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is desirable.
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and other software
- Ability/willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required – conditions permitting
- The legal right to work in the United States
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit-sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until May 5, 2021
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
- A portfolio of relevant projects, participating in a case study or written exercise will be required for shortlisted candidates
Submit a cover letter and detailed resume identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CANADA: CPCS is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation are applied in a timely fashion. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by law. If this is your case, please contact email@example.com or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.
UNITED STATES: CPCS Transcom Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment and comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by the law. If this is your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.