We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
We design and implement practical solutions to pressing infrastructure challenges that are specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships, anchored on deep analytics.
With over 1,500 projects in 140 countries under our belt, the work we do has real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any given day, we can be called on to improve a city's public transit system or advise a government looking to modernize its power sector.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 130 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employee have to say discover our Core Beliefs.
To sustain our growth in the US infrastructure market, we are expanding our operations and looking for a Contracts Manager to help us with contract administration of the US Division of the CPCS group of companies.
Are you the Junior Contracts Manager that wants to help us improve our contract management and business operations to support our fast-growing US infrastructure practice?
You'll help our US operations scale up for greater growth by improving our business operations in contract management, risk/compliance, business development, and day-to-day operations.
In this role, contract management, compliance, and business operations skills will be effectively applied to develop and administer track all US contracts, subcontracts.
You'll thrive in this position if you excel at details, managing a contract portfolio, liaising with partners and sub-consultants, and working with our dynamic team to improve and maintain CPCS business operations and systems.
You'll contribute to different stages of our project lifecycle under the guidance of the Vice President, US Division:
- Lead contract administration at all phases of acquisition, including RFP analysis, pricing, risk analysis, and ensuring compliance at the proposal, negotiation, and project initiation;
- Develop and articulate advice on contract terms, legal, and regulatory issues;
- Support negotiations, teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and interaction with government and corporate clients on all types of contracts;
- Develop contracts, subcontracts, teaming agreements, and required bidding, prequalification, and regulatory compliance, including certifications and regulations;
- Monitor contract performance, compliance, and risks as they emerge, and collaboratively develop risk mitigation solutions and improvements;
- Organize and maintain CPCS' US business contracts, subcontracts, compliance, operational documents and systems;
- Assist with workflow organization, project deadline tracking, staff assignment forecasting, and other business operations needs as needed, including invoicing;
- Liaise with corporate finance, human resources, operations, and legal on contractual matters
- Work with leadership to set the strategic course for continuous improvement
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented environment
- Identify opportunities for improvement such as CPCS policies, processes and templates.
- Liaise with project teams, partner firms and clients.
We're looking for someone who
- Highly organized, punctual, and adept at anticipating business operations needs
- Has strong organizational skills
- Strong, clear, and proactive communicator
- A track record for creative problem solving
- Can work independently and within teams
- Interest or experience in transportation, policy, and government consulting
- Experience with federal contracting, IDIQs, GSA schedules, is very desirable
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Adobe. Experience with Deltek is desirable
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp
- Welcomes coaching and feedback
What you bring to the team
- 2+ years of contracts administration and procurement experience with multiple contract types, including CPFF, T&M, FFP;
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business management, or similar;
- Experience with federal, state, local government contracts, subcontracts, compliance; and
- Track record of achievement and distinction.
- The legal right to work in the United States
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit-sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
- A portfolio of relevant projects, participating in a case study or written exercise will be required for shortlisted candidates
Submit a cover letter and detailed resume identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UNITED STATES: CPCS Transcom Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment and comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by the law. If this is your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.