Job Description: Senior Economist – Canada
Location: Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto
CPCS is a global management consulting firm providing strategic advisory services specific to transportation and power infrastructure, operations, investment, policy and regulation. We specialize in mobilizing private investment for public infrastructure, specifically through public-private partnerships (PPP) and transaction advisory services more broadly. To date, CPCS has completed over 1,400 projects in 120 countries. Clients include all levels of government, private sector investors and infrastructure owners, bilateral and multi-lateral agencies, as well as international financial institutions, such as the World Bank.
In Canada, CPCS focuses on providing economic, policy and strategy consulting services to public and private clients in the transportation sector.
We have over 100 staff, including business and financial analysts, economists, planners, engineers and infrastructure operations experts, PPP experts, lawyers, institutional specialists, GIS analysts and project managers. We are one of the few management consulting firms that combine management, financial, institutional and legal/regulatory advisory services together with deep sector-specific knowledge and infrastructure analytics capabilities.
We are headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and have offices elsewhere in Canada (Toronto, Montreal), the United States (Washington DC) and several emerging markets, with a particularly strong presence in Africa.
CPCS promotes an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our culture is performance oriented, entrepreneurial, and team based, where staff have opportunities to champion initiatives/business areas, learn new skills and have fun doing it. We are looking for candidates who are committed to continuous improvement, sensitive to client needs, passionate about the work and can think outside the box.
CPCS is seeking a fluently bilingual Senior Economist to support the company's Canadian business, with potential for supporting international activities as operations require. Reporting to the Vice President, Canada, this will be a full time permanent position based in Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto. Periodic travel within Canada will also be required, and international travel could be required.
The Senior Economist is responsible for providing quantitative and qualitative economic analysis in support of consulting projects and playing a supporting role in project management and business development. It is expected that with time a successful candidate would take on increasing project management and business development responsibilities.
The duties of this position, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support consulting projects with quantitative and qualitative economic analysis.
- Support project management in accordance with CPCS processes and under the direction of a project manager.
- Business Development:
- Support proposal preparation under a proposal manager in accordance with CPCS processes.
- Support corporate processes as required and directed by the Vice President, Canada.
We are looking for a committed and dependable professional with an open and enthusiastic personality, detail-oriented and organized. Candidates should:
- Have a minimum of two years of work experience in economics.
- Hold a master's degree from a top ranked university in economics. Preference will be given to candidates who have achieved academic distinction.
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills in French and English.
- Demonstrate excellent oral communications skills in French and English.
- Have effective interpersonal with the ability to cooperate and work effectively as part of a team.
- Have strong organizational skills with a proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in order to prepare deliverables under tight timelines.
- Be a strategic and critical thinker, and have a demonstrated track record for creative problem solving.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in other relevant software and techniques would be an asset.
- Have the legal right to work in Canada.
- Have the ability to travel within Canada, and potentially internationally, as required.
In addition to a competitive base salary, the Senior Economist will be eligible to participate in CPCS's performance pay/profit-sharing plan. With proven performance, the selected candidate may eventually be invited to become a company shareholder, and benefit from corporate dividends. CPCS is open to flexible work arrangements and in addition to health benefits and wellness programs, also provides some maternity leave top up benefits.
Interested applicants will be required to submit a detailed resume and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that accommodations are available for applicants in Ontario with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 613-237-2500. For more information, please see our website at http://www.cpcs.ca/en/about-us/accessibility-information.