50 Years of Global Infrastructure Leadership
Is CPCS for you?
Are you looking to leverage your expertise in public-private partnerships to advance infrastructure projects that have a significant and measurable impact on people's lives? Do you want to be a part of a team made up of intelligent, driven people with diverse cultural and technical backgrounds, and learn alongside them to become an expert in one or more infrastructure domains? If you are seeking a rewarding career with a sustainably growing company where you can make a difference at any level, CPCS could be the company for you.
CPCS is a global management consulting firm providing strategic advisory services primarily within transportation and power infrastructure, operations, investment, policy and regulation. We also specialize in mobilizing private investment for public infrastructure, specifically through public-private partnerships (PPP) and transaction advisory services more broadly. To date, CPCS has completed over 1,400 advisory projects in 120 countries. Clients include all levels of government, private sector investors and infrastructure owners, bilateral and multi-lateral agencies, as well as international financial institutions, such as the World Bank.
We are headquartered in Ottawa, and have offices elsewhere in Canada (Toronto, Montreal, and Calgary), the United States (Washington D.C.) and several emerging markets, with a particularly strong presence in Africa. We have over 100 employees worldwide, including economists, financial analysts, engineers, data scientists, transaction advisors, operations experts, institutional specialists and more. Consulting at CPCS is more than just a position with a leading consulting firm; it is a pathway for personal and professional growth and an opportunity to see the results of your work change lives.
We are seeking the services of an individual consultant to play a leading role on our transaction advisory team as we pursue an assignment to undertake a detailed feasibility study and the competitive procurement of a Project Sponsor/Developer for transmission lines and substations in an East African country through a PPP arrangement.
Expected duration of this assignment will be 22-months (subject to change).
The consulting assignment will involve the following:
- Preparation of feasibility studies for a transmission project.
- Recommending the best PPP model for the procurement of the project based on an analysis of several alternative technical and PPP models.
- Advising on the optimum risk allocation and the resultant contract structure including preparation of all necessary documentation and requisite approvals.
- Developing transaction documents for the procurement.
- Providing transaction advisory support through to financial close of the project
Location: Remote-based with possible missions to East Africa (subject to change due to COVID-19)
Requirements and Experience
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Management, Economics, Engineering, Law or any other relevant field
- A minimum of 15 years' demonstrated experience in project management, with at least 5 years providing PPP transaction advisory services/ development of large infrastructure projects on PPP basis including extensive experience in project structuring and risk analysis, allocation and management; project agreements; bid process management including preparation of bidding process documentation and post-bid process monitoring.
- Successful preparation of PPP projects with at least three (3) financially closed projects, of which two (2) should be transmission projects.
- Relevant qualifications and experience in power infrastructure development, operation and maintenance projects in general, and in developing countries in particular.
- Experience in power Transmission Company will be an additional merit.
- Language: Fluent in English (oral communication and written) with a particular strength in report writing, is essential.
Applicants wishing to apply
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents / information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Personal CV form including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees
- Statement indicating their expected remuneration based on similar assignments (in United States Dollars or Canadian Dollars)
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an initial phone interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until the 1st of November, 2020.
How CPCS recruits
During every recruitment process, we use a variety of methods to identify the best talent available. We will look internally at our own employees, as well, we will explore our personal networks, looking for those we already know are well aligned and perhaps interested in working for our company. We interface with applicants, and we proactively seek to make new connections and relationships with those we don't yet know, but who are nevertheless deemed to be right for the role.
Regardless of how they are identified, all candidates will experience a thorough and rigorous recruitment process. Being transparent with candidates regarding our process is important to us, and clear, honest communication is paramount – we treat every candidate as though they may be a future colleague, whether for this role, or a future role.