50 YEARS OF GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE LEADERSHIP
If you're ready to join our growing team and make a difference, please apply.
Why join CPCS?
We provide strategic advisory services specific to transportation and power infrastructure, and related operations, investment, policy and regulation. We also help mobilize private investment in public infrastructure, specifically through public-private partnerships (PPPs).
We are one of the few management consulting firms that combine management, financial, institutional, and legal/regulatory advisory services together with deep sector-specific knowledge and infrastructure analytics capabilities. Infrastructure projects are multifaceted - and so is our skillset.
CPCS has a global footprint and we've completed projects in more than 120 countries.
Working at CPCS is more than a position in a leading firm – it's a place to learn, develop, and grow your career!
- We grow people from within and foster learning
- Hands-on training and full immersion
- Regular check-ins and dialogue to help you achieve your goals
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk, responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and account irregularities. The A/P Clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, stipends, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management. This position involves diplomatic interaction to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate daily bank reconciliations. You will report to the VP of Finance in this full-time permanent position. This position is located in our Ottawa regional office.
We are looking for you if…
- You have a knack for daily financial transactions and quality assurance
- You are a self-starter and able to drive projects forwards
- You are a resourceful problem solver with an ability to adapt to varying priorities
- You have stellar attention to detail and communication skills
- You are not afraid to step up to challenges and to speak up to improve processes and procedures
- You value inclusion, innovation, teamwork, and accountability
Our total compensation package
In addition to a competitive base salary, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With proven performance, the selected candidate may eventually be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from corporate dividends and profit sharing. Also provided are health benefits, wellness programs, RRSP matching and parental leave top up.
What do we require from a successful applicant?
- Bachelor's degree or College diploma in Accounting required
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in accounts payable, preferably in a multi-currency/international organization
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software. (Deltek Vision 7.2 or 7.6)
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- High level of personal integrity
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Fluency in French would be considered an asset
- Processing all subcontractor and associate invoicing for CPCS group of companies in accordance with subcontract agreements.
- Processing employee expenses claims, including obtaining necessary approvals and backup documentation in accordance with company policy and ensuring proper tax application on entries.
- Assist with semi-monthly payment processing.
- Processing international offices monthly office reconciliations and reports for CPCS group of companies.
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Administration of vendor file reconciliations responding to respective Project Managers inquiries.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures
- Audits accounts to make sure that payments are timely, computes interest charges and codes documents for loan officers.
- Utilizes computer systems to run databases and pay bills.
- Responds to vendor inquiries, maintains good customer relations and solves problems
- Performs related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends
- Performs other duties as required.
- Update contract under negotiation budgets in Deltek Vision
- Creation of promotional projects to correspond with identified opportunities in the right organization and currency
How to apply
Please submit a detailed resume explaining your interest and qualifications for the position. We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications deadline is October 5th, 2020.
Please note that accommodations are available for applicants in Ontario with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please contact us at email@example.com or at 613-237-2500. For more information, please see our website at http://www.cpcs.ca/en/about-us/accessibility-information.