CPCS | Advisors to infrastructure leaders
50 years of global infrastructure leadership
Title: Business Manager – United States
Status: Full time, permanent
Location: Washington, DC USA
Travel: Travel may be required within the U.S, Mexico and Canada
Reports to: Vice President of USA Division
We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
In the United States, CPCS is focused on transportation sector strategy, policy, and planning for government agencies and corporate clients, including freight and logistics, business planning, research strategy, market research, data analytics, visualization, and clear communications.
With over 1,400 projects in 130 countries under our belt, the work we do has real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any giving day, we can be called on to determine how can Ohio better leverage its maritime transport assets along Lake Erie and the Ohio River or advise a state legislature looking to reduce the high rates of passenger rail safety incidents.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 100 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employee have to say.
Are you the innovative Business Manager that wants to play a vital role in supporting and growing our US operations by increasing functionality and workflow?
You'll help improve the operations of our dynamic US consulting practice by managing business operations, office assets, and compliance and by supporting marketing campaigns, and contributing to deliverables.
In this role, your superior organizational and communications skills will be effectively applied to enable the USA Division to scale up to meet market opportunities.
You'll thrive in this position if are a detail-oriented individual who collaborates and communicates well and wants to make a big difference in helping our team more effectively advise our government and corporate clients on the most pressing transportation policy, operations, and planning issues facing the United States.
You'll contribute to different stages of our project lifecycle under the guidance of the Vice President of the USA Division. Primary responsibilities include:
- Organize and maintain CPCS' US business operational documents and systems
- Maintain existing and obtain new administrative or technical certification, licenses, registrations, and other bid prequalification requirements of public sector clients
- Maintain a list of procurement and business requirements for client contracts and track internal compliance
- Assist with workflow organization, project deadline tracking, staff assignment forecasting, and other business operations needs as needed
- Help ensure internal business operations compliance with project records and correspondence
- Assist in the development of proposals and deliverables, including editing and proofreading, production, shipping, and other matters, in coordination with other CPCS staff
- Serve as office administrator over DC office space
- Provide invoice support and liaise with corporate accounting
- Liaise with corporate Business Operations lead in Canada to ensure internal business operations
- Assisting with correspondence, organizing meetings, travel, and events
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team oriented environment
- Liaise with project teams, partner firms and clients.
We're looking for someone who
- Values diversity, innovation, teamwork and accountability
- Has a desire to further develop business skills and experience within the transportation industry
- Has superior oral and written communication skills
- Has strong organizational skills
- Is a strategic and critical thinker
- Is not afraid to step up to challenges and speak up to improve outcomes
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Is resourceful; a creative problem solver with excellent synthesis and analytical capabilities
- Can work independently and within teams
- Welcomes coaching and feedback
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp
What you bring to the team
- Bachelors degree in Policy, Economics, Business or other relevant disciplines
- 2 to 6 years of full-time contracts, business operations or executive administrative experience
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Speak and write fluently in English
- Demonstrate excellent oral communications skills, particularly in terms of communicating with internal groups, peers and supervisors
- The legal right to work in the United States
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until November 2, 2020 or until we find the right person
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
- A portfolio of relevant projects, participating in a case-study or written exercise will be required for shortlisted candidates
Submit a detailed resume identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CANADA: CPCS is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation are applied in a timely fashion. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by law. If this is your case, please contact email@example.com or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.
UNITED STATES: CPCS Transcom Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment and comply with the American with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by the law. If this is your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.