CPCS | Advisors to infrastructure leaders
50 years of global infrastructure leadership
Title: Administrative Assistant
Status: Part time, permanent (Approximately 15-20 hours per week)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Travel: None required
Reports to: Office Manager
Group: Corporate Services
We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
We design and implement practical solutions to pressing infrastructure challenges that are specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships, anchored on deep analytics.
With over 1,400 projects in 130 countries under our belt, the work we do has real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any giving day, we can be called on to improve a city's public transit system or advise a government looking to modernize its power sector.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 100 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employee have to say.
Are you the Administrative Assistant that wants to help us by providing corporate support to our Toronto office team?
COVID19 CONSIDERATIONS: Due to the nature of this particular position, on-site support in our Toronto CPCS Office will be required of the selected candidate. The required support for this role does rely heavily on the ability to maintain a physical open office space. The capacity of the assigned part-time hours for this position will be dependent on the recommendations provided by Public Health and may require adjustments with changing COVID19 related protocols put in place by both Public Health and CPCS as an organization.
You'll help build efficiency and effectiveness of our corporate operations by developing creative solutions and providing support to our varied units and divisions.
In this role, your attention to detail and desire to provide exceptional support will be effectively applied to the overall success of business operations and the ability for our global and technical units to win new business.
You'll thrive in this position if you enjoy being the first point of reference for all things administration and excel in working with a team of highly skilled professionals from all different backgrounds and specializations.
You'll contribute to different stages of our project lifecycle under the guidance of the Office Manager:
- Monitor the reception area for guests and advise staff of guest arrival
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence, including incoming mail/couriers and outgoing mail and couriers, as appropriate
- Monitor supplies including stationary, coffee and other items and advise office Manager when supplies need to be ordered. Confirm with Office Manager when items are received and put away in the appropriate place
- Implement organization and maintain order of common areas included but not limited to kitchen, stationary area, etc.
- Meet and discuss relevant items with landlords, contractors, etc. as appropriate in coordination with the Operation Manager
- File correspondence, quotes, and other relevant materials in appropriate areas
- Update and maintain current databases related to the Toronto office
- Relay concerns/suggestion from staff regarding items related to the office to the Office Manager
- Perform administrative tasks assigned as part of various employee onboarding and off boarding processes (ex. Programming office fobs, preparing workstations for new staff, etc.)
- Meeting Logistics: Prepare meeting room before guests arrive and when meeting has finished; support office manager order coffee and snacks for meetings, as requested
- Support Social Committees functions as needed
- Provide other administrative support, relevant to the position, under the direction of the Office Manager (Ottawa), as needed.
- Assist Toronto based senior management with executive assistance related tasks
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team oriented environment
- Identify opportunities for improvement such as CPCS policies, processes and templates.
- Liaise with project teams, partner firms and clients.
We're looking for someone who
- Has keen attention to detail
- Has a desire to further develop skills and experience with an interest in the infrastructure sector
- Has superior oral and written communication skills with superior telephone manners
- Has strong organizational skills
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Can work independently and within teams
- Welcomes coaching and feedback
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp
What you bring to the team
- A diploma or certificate in administration, business or a related field
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a front office position
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Speak and write fluently in English
- The legal right to work in Canada
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until October 25, 2020 or until we find the right person
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
- A portfolio of relevant projects, participating in a case-study or written exercise will be required for shortlisted candidates
Submit a detailed resume identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CANADA: CPCS is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation are applied in a timely fashion. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by law. If this is your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.
UNITED STATES: CPCS Transcom Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment and comply with the American with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by the law. If this is your case, please contact email@example.com or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.