CPCS | Advisors to infrastructure leaders
50 years of global infrastructure leadership
Title: Junior Consultant
Status: Full time, permanent
Level: Young Professional Program
Location: It is preferred to have the position based in one of our Canada or USA offices (Ottawa ON, Toronto ON, Montreal QC, Calgary AB or Washington D.C), however in consideration to current COVID-19 precautions, full time remote will be an option
Travel: Domestic and international travel as required – conditions permitting
Reports to: Vice President of CPCS Growth and Operations, under the guidance of other Global Directors, Associate VP's and VP's
Group: CPCS Growth and Operations
We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
We design and implement practical solutions to pressing infrastructure challenges that are specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships, anchored on deep analytics.
With over 1,400 projects in 130 countries under our belt, the work we do has real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any given day, we can be called on to improve a city's public transit system or advise a government looking to modernize its power sector.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 100 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employee have to say.
Are you the Junior Professional Consultant that wants to support us in advancing project lifecycles and business development activities?
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a unique opportunity for young professionals who are looking to channel their skills into high impact projects around the world and develop their careers as technical experts and leaders in the infrastructure space.
The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals with skills in areas relevant to infrastructure projects such as economics, finance, law, spatial data science, geography, analytics, and engineering.
Early career professionals will join our team in this permanent full-time position to support projects and business development. It is preferred to have the position based in one of our Canada or USA Offices (Ottawa ON, Toronto ON, Montreal QC, Calgary AB or Washington DC), however in consideration to current COVID-19 precautions, full time remote will be an option.
Young Professionals (YPs) will be integrated into the CPCS Growth and Operations (GO) team – a central operating division of CPCS. Within the framework of the CPCS YPP, part of the GO division's mission is to train new consultants by introducing them first-hand to all business sectors and geographies covered by the company.
You'll contribute to different stages of our project lifecycle under the guidance of the Vice President of CPCS Growth and Operations:
- Support business development activities, including preparation of proposals for public and private clients
- Carry out sectoral analyses using quantitative data and qualitative reviews of international best practices
- Assist with project management and implementation
- Support the adaptation of analyses into recommendations for both public and private sector clients
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team oriented environment
- Liaise with project teams, partner firms and clients.
What you can expect
- Learn the ins and outs of business development, including our core policies and processes and the CPCS way
- Contribute to all aspects of strategic, economic and financial analyses for infrastructure projects specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships
- Consult with a wide range of stakeholders, draft findings to be presented in high-level meetings across the world and published in top business management publications
- Work with teammates to identify data-driven and impactful solutions to tough infrastructure issues
We're looking for someone who
- Has a desire to evolve in the infrastructure sector
- Has superior oral and written communication skills
- Has strong organizational skills
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Excels in strategic and critical thinking
- Passionate about data-driven decision-making
- Can work independently and within teams
- Welcomes coaching and feedback
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp
What you bring to the team
- Master's degree in in business, economics, finance, engineering, business law, geography or other relevant specialization
- Experience or exposure in consulting, research, international organizations or other relevant roles or environments
- Interest or experience in learning about the challenges in the transport sector or the energy sector in North America and worldwide
- Leadership experience and notable participation in extra curriculum activities including but not limited to Community service, NGO's, Sports clubs or other
- Speak and write fluently in English. Fluency in French is highly desirable
- Technically skilled in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability / willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required – conditions permitting
- The legal right to work in Canada or the United States
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until November 2, 2020
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
- A portfolio of relevant projects, participating in a case-study or written exercise will be required for shortlisted candidates
Submit a detailed resume identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CANADA: CPCS is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation are applied in a timely fashion. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by law. If this is your case, please contact email@example.com or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.
UNITED STATES: CPCS Transcom Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment and comply with the American with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by the law. If this is your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.