CPCS | Advisors to infrastructure leaders
50 years of global infrastructure leadership
Title: Senior Consultant
Status: Full time, permanent
Level: Senior Consultant
Location: CPCS Office – Ottawa or Montreal
Travel: National and International Travel required
Reports to: Global Director – Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
Group: Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
Language Requirement: English (Fluent) French (Fluent)
We are CPCS. A global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world.
We design and implement practical solutions to pressing infrastructure challenges that are specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships, anchored on deep analytics.
With over 1,400 projects in 130 countries under our belt, the work we do has real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any given day, we can be called on to improve a city's public transit system or advise a government looking to modernize its power sector.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 100 CPCSers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employees have to say.
Are you the Senior Consultant that wants to help us advise public and private sector Clients on a wide variety of public infrastructure projects?
You'll help public and private sector Clients introduce rigor, transparency and defensibility to planning and decision making, and enhance infrastructure performance and operational efficiency.
In this role, your infrastructure advisory skills will be effectively applied to high impact projects in Canada and around the world and you will develop your career as a leading expert in the infrastructure space.
You'll thrive in this position if you ENJOY working with an international team, across a wide variety of sectors, assisting clients in developing strategies to realize their major infrastructure projects providing support in a range of areas including planning, transaction structuring, financial modelling, procurement and post transaction advisory.
You'll contribute to different stages of our project lifecycle under the guidance of the Global Director - PPP:
- Advise public and private sector clients in the following: infrastructure planning and strategy; feasibility, business case and market analysis; project delivery options analysis; project risk assessment, including identification and quantification of risks; financial feasibility and value for money analyses; commercial structuring of complex contracts; and procurement and process management
- Proactively lead and support various business development efforts, including tracking market developments, building and maintaining relationships with clients and partners, and maintaining the currency and relevancy of Global Unit marketing collateral
- Provide technical leadership and input on proposals to win new advisory mandates
- Under the guidance of a project director, lead and contribute to different stages of the project lifecycle in adherence with CPCS Business Processes and in line with the project work plan
- Actively contribute to knowledge generation
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team oriented environment
We're looking for someone who
- Has strong analytical and financial modelling skills for project finance, corporate finance and/or private equity related projects, and possess a keen interest in development finance.
- Possesses experience in building financial models from scratch and accounting for best standards (e.g. FAST)
- Preference given to those with infrastructure advisory experience with the demonstrated ability to close deals in a relevant sector (e.g. transportation, healthcare, accommodation, water, power and municipal infrastructure).
- Has excellent strategic and critical thinking skills
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Has superior oral and written communication skills
- Can work independently and within teams
- Has strong organizational skills
- Welcomes coaching and feedback
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp
What you bring to the team
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related specialty
- At least 5 years of full-time experience in infrastructure finance and/or advisory to the public and/or private sectors
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Speak and write fluently in English and French
- Ability / willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required – conditions permitting
- The legal right to work in Canada
- Ability to obtain Government of Canada clearance is a plus
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until November 23, 2020
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
Submit a detailed resume identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CANADA: CPCS is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation are applied in a timely fashion. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by law. If this is your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.
UNITED STATES: CPCS Transcom Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment and comply with the American with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by the law. If this is your case, please contact email@example.com or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility