CPCS | Leaders in Global Infrastructure Development
50 years of global infrastructure leadership
Title: Investment Manager
Status: Full time, permanent
Level: Mid to Senior
Location: Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, or in the field (Africa) if desired
Travel: Occasional Travel Overseas (when permitting)
Reports to: The Managing Director and Global Director (co-managers)
Group: Infrastructure Development Unit
Infrastructure development is one of the fastest growing portfolios at CPCS. The team in charge are highly entrepreneurial and leverage the strengths of the CPCS platform to provide results-driven solutions to investors, governments, donors and lenders. IDU is strategically positioned to mobilize and manage investments in the energy, transportation, water and other core infrastructure sectors. Our interest is emerging markets, with a focus on Africa.
CPCS is global management consulting firm in the infrastructure sector headquartered in Canada with offices around the world. We design and implement practical solutions to pressing infrastructure challenges that are specific to transport, power and public-private partnerships, anchored on deep analytics. With over 1,400 projects in 130 countries under our belt, the work we do has real and measurable impact on people's lives. On any giving day, we can be called on to improve a city's public transit system or advising a private sector investor with developing a renewable energy project in challenging market.
Contributing to a better, healthier world for citizens gives us a deep sense of purpose.
Our global team of over 100 CPCS'ers come from all walks of life and all bring unique skillsets. If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, visit our Careers page to learn more or see what our employee have to say.
You'll help build the IDU business and deepen CPCS' expansion into managing investments in the infrastructure space. This may take the role of managing one of our ongoing projects under development, such as a new shipping port, or via developing new initiatives such as leveraging CPCS platform to develop an infrastructure fund for impact investors.
You'll thrive in this position if you are entrepreneurial, passionate about infrastructure development, and have experience in developing privately financed infrastructure projects or managing private equity infrastructure funds. As a rapidly growing line of business, the IDU team embraces entrepreneurial culture, innovation, problem solving, and structured risk taking.
You will contribute to different stages of our investment lifecycle services under the guidance of the Managing Director and Global Director:
- Manage and drive ongoing infrastructure development projects and investments;
- Spearhead new and ongoing business development initiatives by leveraging the CPCS platform;
- Lead new client pitches, develop proposals and carry out required research and analysis to enter new markets;
- Support with mobilizing private or quasi-private capital for investment into infrastructure opportunities;
- Manage complex investments from inception to close/exit;
- Play a lead role in evaluation, due diligence, financial analysis and research, negotiation, and execution of investments;
- Build and manage client, stakeholder and partner relationships;
- Work closely with internal functional team to leverage depth and knowledge whereby developing value-added solutions for clients;
- Participate in new expansion initiatives lead by other CPCS divisions/teams including Infrastructure Analytics Team, Public Private Partnerships Team, Transport Team, Power Team and regional managers;
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team oriented environment within IDU and CPCS;
- Identify and add knowledge to our database for business development activities; and
- Champion the use of CPCS knowledge assets in our business material.
We're looking for someone who
- Is entrepreneurial and motivated
- Has a desire to help mobilize private capital in infrastructure in Africa and emerging markets
- Has superior oral and written communication skills
- Has strong organizational skills
- Can manage and prioritize multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Can work independently and within teams
- Welcomes coaching and feedback
- Is an avid learner and keeps their skills sharp
- Is willing to travel overseas on field missions to support projects
What you bring to the team
- Has an established career and experience in infrastructure development or private capital management
- Have experience working in energy, transportation, water or other core infrastructure sectors
- Have qualifications relevant to mobilizing private infrastructure investment such as MBA, CFA, Engineering Degree, Economics, or other relevant disciplines
- Speak and write fluently in English.
- Bilingualism in French is a very strong asset.
- Experience working in Africa and other emerging markets.
- Ability / willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required – conditions permitting
Submit a detailed resume and letter of motivation identifying your qualifications. Click "Apply" below to submit your application.
Thank you for your interest.
- Applications will be accepted until November 16th 2020
- Only those selected for consideration will be contacted
- Candidates contacted will be required to prepare and present via videoconference two ten minute "pitches" on topics to be identified
Support for you, professionally and personally
Professional growth: We support your growth at CPCS and professional development by providing training, coaching, mentorship and regular feedback.
Meaningful connection: We believe in engaging collaboratively with passionate, diverse and motivated clients, team members and stakeholders to understand various viewpoints.
Greater impact: We believe in helping infrastructure leaders make more impactful decisions. Everything we do seeks to enable positive economic, social and environment impacts.
Competitive compensation: We offer all team members competitive base salaries along with a benefits package that includes superior health and wellness programs. You could be eligible to receive a performance-based bonus. With time and proven excellence, you may be invited to become a company shareholder and benefit from company dividends and profit sharing. We also believe in offering flexible work arrangements and ample, defined time off.
Our recruitment practices
CPCS is an equal opportunity employer. We foster an environment where our people feel safe, heard and valued. Our belief is that we all have unique talents, perspectives and backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, indigenous people, marital status, veterans, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CANADA: CPCS is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation are applied in a timely fashion. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by law. If this is your case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.
UNITED STATES: CPCS Transcom Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment and comply with the American with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws. We'll provide all qualified applicants and employees who have disabilities with reasonable accommodations as required by the law. If this is your case, please contact email@example.com or 613-237-2500. Read more about our commitment to accessibility.